The entire conference is great for the whole family, but we are also pleased to offer these additional features to impart practical life skills and training to homeschooled young adults. Click a title or scroll down to read more:
- AME Youth Entrepreneur & Vendor Program
- Colorado Hunter Safety Certification
- Constitutional Literacy Course
- Also available (and already included in your conference registration):
Please note: Each feature below has different time requirements that continue through the conference weekend, so attendees may only choose one to participate in. To register, simply add it on to your full conference pass for your family.
AME Youth Entrepreneur & Vendor
Youth entrepreneurs can sell their wares in Youth Vendor section of the exhibit hall and participate in the business plan competition, gaining valuable instruction and feedback that will help them in their entrepreneurial endeavors. Plus, the AME Program (The Apprenticeship, Mentorship, and Entrepreneurship program), an affiliate of CHEC, will hold two exclusive training sessions!
- Instructor: Mike Cheney
- When: Thursday, Friday, and Saturday
- Cost: The $30 add-on to your family’s full conference pass includes an entry in the business plan contest, training workshops, and participation in the youth vendor exhibit area.
- Ages: Homeschooled graduates and students (ages 13 and older who live with their parents), but business must belong to the youth (it cannot be the family business)
Colorado Hunter Safety Course
Acquire your Colorado Hunter Safety certificate with other homeschooler students! The course will be conducted by Colorado Parks and Wildlife personnel on-site at the Denver Mart (except for the shooting proficiency, details TBA).
- Instructor: TBA
- When: Thursday 10:30-3:30; Friday 10:30-4:30; Saturday 9:00-12:00 (with breaks)
- Where: Onsite at the Denver Mart, room TBA. (A required practicum will be held offsite, but transportation is provided.)
- Cost: A $20 add-on to your family’s full conference pass
- Ages: Homeschooled youth ages 12 and up
Constitutional Literacy Course
Jake MacAuley, CEO of the Institute on the Constitution, will guide students through a four-session course on understanding the US Constitution as well as the worldview and political theory of the American form of government.
- Instructor: Jake MacAuley
- When: Friday, 10:30-4:30 pm (with breaks)
- Where: Room Expo G – 5
- Cost: A $15 add-on to your family’s full conference pass
- Ages: Homeschooled youth 9th grade and older
Click to view class descriptions
- 10:30-11:30 AM | An American View of Law, Liberty and Government General Objectives: Students will learn that there is a specific view of Law and Government which is distinctively American in nature. We call this “The American View,” and it is based on a Biblical Worldview.
- 11:30-1:00 PM | Lunch break
- 1:00-2:00 PM | America’s Beginnings: Discovery, Purpose & the Founders’ Faith: Learn the value of primary sources in learning history, both the good and the bad, and the critical connection between the Framers’ Biblical Worldview and the political theory and principles of the American form of government.
- 2:15-3:15 PM | The Philosophical Worldview of the Constitution: Students will learn to identify theory and their historic sources, the major problem facing the Framers of the Constitution, and their formula for addressing this problem.
- 3:30-4:30 PM | 1776 – 1789: From Independence To The Constitution: It is our intent and our hope that the student will appreciate the historical events leading up to and surrounding the adoption of the Constitution and their relationship to the religious and philosophical worldviews of the Framers and the American culture.