- When: Thursday, June 15 (10:30 am to 4:30 pm) – please note that this track does not run with the same blocks as conference workshop schedule, to allow for some extra perks like a personal vendor hall tour and more
- Where: The Annex room
- Cost: Included in your full conference pass
- RSVP: Please help us plan for your attendance! Simply complete your registration and click the checkmark to add the New to Homeschooling track to your final registration.
If you are just starting out as a new homeschooler (or would like a refresher!), then this is for you!
Starting out as a new homeschooler can be a daunting task, with pressure to choose the perfect curricula, administer tests, keep records, remain compliant with the law, deciding on teaching style and which educational methods will be the most productive, as well as managing and orchestrating a busy home. It’s more than enough to overwhelm any parent! If you are just beginning (or simply looking for a refresher), then the New to Homeschooling track is for you. It’s a full day filled with homeschool intro sessions that will address the issues you will face as a new homeschooler. From homeschool veterans sharing their years of wisdom and experience to Q&A panels that will answer all of your questions, you will be enriched, encouraged, and equipped for your homeschool journey.
Tentative Track Schedule
10:15 • Intro and Devotion
10:30-11:30 • 10 Tips for Successful Homeschooling, Barbara West
- You are going to homeschool! Starting out as a new homeschooler can be a daunting task. You may experience self-doubt or fear as well as pressure; pressure to choose the perfect curricula; pressure over testing scores; pressure with record keeping; and pressure in managing your home. Throw in decisions on a teaching style or educational method and these quickly overwhelm the strongest of parents. Come, be encouraged, and get some tips for successful homeschooling as you begin to walk out your new lifestyle.
11:30-11:45 • Break
11:45-12:30 • How to Get it All Done, Jenny Galanek
- Whether you’re new to homeschooling, or a seasoned veteran, the question that has no doubt risen in your mind at one time or another is, “How do I get it all done?!” Rather than letting this question be a stopping point, let it be your jumping off point! Get ready to have yourself and children prepared so well for success, that you find yourself waking with a sense of peace each day, ready to experience the joy of home-educating.
12:30-2:00 • Lunch break, Vendor Hall Tour, Law, Q&A
2:00-3:30 • Popcorn Panel, Moderated by Barbara West
3:30-3:45 • Break
3:45-4:30 • Foundational Principles & Vision for Homeschooling, Stephen Craig
- You’ve heard the phrase, “If you don’t know where you are going, any road will take you there.” In this workshop, we will lay a solid foundation by giving a clear vision and sound Biblical principles to start you on the right track as you begin your homeschooling journey.