CHEC invites home educated students, graduates, and families to perform for the general sessions at our annual conference:
- Types of performers invited: Instrumental soloists or groups, vocal soloists or groups, orators
- Available openings: General session preludes/postludes (4-5 minutes each), general session special features (5 minute maximum)
DEADLINE: Auditions must be received by May 1st.
Audition Request Form
All applicants must read and agree to the following terms. Deadline is May 1st.
Click to view General Session Audition Terms
- Students must be homeschool students or graduates; exceptions may be made for accompanists. Family groups are welcome. There is no minimum age requirement, but be aware that those selected will perform for an audience of around 1000 people.
- Audition requests must include a recording of your selection. Record your selection as you intend to perform it at the conference (if selected), including all accompaniment, props, costumes, clothing, etc., then double check to make sure the recording works after you record it. Recording may be submitted in one of three ways. (Please note that CHEC is not responsible for lost or misdirected submissions.)
- On the form, upload the file directly (if less than 2MB)
- On the form, a link to your file stored on a cloud site such as Google Drive or DropBox (if 2MB or larger)
- Mail a copy to the CHEC office (19039 Plaza Drive Ste 210, Parker, CO 80134)
- Improve your chances of being selected to perform by observing the following:
- Follow the submission rules exactly.
- Let us know how to reach you if you intend to be out of town during May.
- Submit several selections for us to choose from, but be sure they are well-prepared; we must make selections based on what we hear, not on a promise to “have it ready by June.”
- We prefer sacred, classical, or folk music. Avoid New Age music, rock music, or any music with a rock-type beat.
- Be available to perform any day of the conference if possible (although you can still list
- Performance clothing: Boys are asked to wear dress pants (no jeans) and a collared shirt or dress shirt and tie. Girls are asked to wear loose-fitting, well-covering skirts, dresses, or jumpers. They should be especially aware of skirt length (at least knee-length) since the stage is elevated
- We consider auditions using a variety of factors, including adherence to the submission rules, subject matter, style of performance, the appropriateness of selections to the keynote speaker’s address and overall conference theme, etc. Sometimes qualified applicants have to be turned away for totally non-musical reasons, some simply because of limited available performance space.
- Decisions by the General Sessions coordinator are final.
- Audition requests must be submitted by May 1st. You can expect to hear results after May 20th; we will notify you as quickly as possible so that you can make your plans for the conference accordingly.
- Questions? Email .