This is a part of our Youth Features.
Youth entrepreneurs will sell their wares in a new Youth Vendor area and participate in a business plan competition, gaining valuable instruction and feedback that will help them in their entrepreneurial endeavors. Plus, the AME Program (The Apprenticeship, Mentorship, and Entrepreneurship program), an affiliate of CHEC, will hold two exclusive training sessions!
- Cost: The $30 add-on to your full conference pass includes an entry in the business plan contest, training workshops, and participation in the youth vendor exhibit area.
- Deadline: June 1st.
NOTE: This is the deadline for sending in the completed business plan, you should get registered well ahead of this date to be sure of a slot.
- Ages: Homeschooled graduates and students (ages 13 and older who live with their parents), but business must belong to the youth (it cannot be the family business)
Register for a full conference pass with family add-on, then add the AME Youth Program to your registration. After your registration is complete, the vendor chairman committee will contact you with further information about booth selection and business plan submission.
Business Plan Contest
After registration, participants may submit their business plan for the contest (deadline June 2nd). The contest will be judged by AME and the vendor committee. Prizes include a tablet, an Amazon Gift Card, and Vendor Bucks that can be used at any of the vendors in the Vendor Hall.
Click here for what to include in your Business Plan
Your business plan should include the following information:
- What is the name of your business and what do you sell?
- Why did you give it that name?
- Why did you pick that product or service?
- Why should someone buy what you sell?
- Do you expect to be running your business this time next year?
- How many hours per week do you work your business?
- Give a couple of examples of working IN your business versus working ON your business
- What are the top 3 things you will do or are doing to increase your sales?
- Do you expect to make money from your business?
- What is “profit?”
- How do you know whether your business makes a profit?
- What are the top 3 things you will do with the money you make and why?
- What are the top 3 things you have learned or are learning from running your business?
If you take the necessary time and effort to answer these 13 questions well, you will probably have created a strong basic business plan. There’s no limit to the length of your answers or the time and effort you can put in towards the plan.
We look forward to receiving your entries!
(Submission information will be emailed individually to participants; details above are provided for informational purposes.)
Conference Dress Code
Participants agree to abide by the dress code.
Click here to read the Dress Code
Participants of the AME Youth Program agree to abide by this dress code. Modesty is required at all times; acceptable attire will be under the discretion of the Vendor Committee, and refusal to comply will result in loss of training, booth, and/or registration fees. T-shirts and jeans are acceptable during setup and training. Professional attire is required while selling to attendees:
- Ladies: blouses and long skirts or dresses
- Gentlemen: dress shirts and slacks
Apprenticeship, Mentorship and Entrepreneurship Training
Participants agree to attend both training sessions.
Click here to read about the Training
Participants of the AME Youth Program agree to attend both of the training sessions. This valuable training in both working in your business as well as working on your business is presented by the AME Program. Many past attendees have described this training as the most valuable part of the weekend for them, as it improved their business throughout the year.
Conference Schedule (tentative)
Thursday, June 14th
- 2:30 – 4:00 PM: Set up booth in youth vendor area
- 4:00 – 7:30 PM: Youth Vendor area open for attendee shopping
Friday, June 15th
- 10:15 AM – 11:45 AM: AME Training Session in the Vendor Hall Demo Room: :Bootcamp for Succeeding in Your Business
- 1:00 PM – 6:30 PM: Youth vendor area open for attendee shopping
Saturday, June 16th
- 10:15 AM – 3:15 PM: Youth vendor area open for attendee shopping