Here’s what you need to know as you plan for the big weekend.
- Download these printable PDFs (but please note you will receive a hard-copy program when you arrive onsite with all this information)
- Tips from past attendees:
- Wear a jacket or sweater – the temperature often fluctuates inside the Denver Mart.
- Arrive early to get a close parking spot.
- Talk with people next to you in workshops; you’ll learn new things and make new friends.
- Look over the workshop schedule in advance and choose your top 3 workshops for each hour, then narrow down after you’ve attended a few workshops and have discovered which speakers you most want to hear from.
- Keep notes from workshop sessions and refer back to them in future years.
- If you’re bringing your children, bring a small bag of quiet activities for them to enjoy during workshops.
Registration and Arrival
- Not registered yet? You can still register online (here) or at the door. (Learn more here about our registration options.)
- Already registered?
- Your nametags will serve as your admission pass. If you requested to have your nametags emailed to you, make sure to print them off and bring with you. (You should have received them on Thursday, June 7th; email with questions.) If you requested to pick them up onsite, they’ll be included in your registration packet.
- Pick up your registration packet anytime after 7:30 am (Thursday, Friday, or Saturday) at the CHEC Info Booth just inside the main entrance to the Denver Mart (Expo Building).
- You’ll receive a conference program and a welcome bag.
- Directions: The Denver Mart is located at 451 East 58th Avenue, Denver, Colorado, 80216. You can find a map to the Denver Mart here.
- Parking: Parking is free; download the layout of the Denver Mart entrances & parking areas here.
- IMPORTANT: Please note that there is ongoing construction surrounding the Mart, and the parking/travel areas may differ.
- Facility Map: See the map of the Denver Mart here to find locations for workshop rooms and these special conference amenities:
- CHEC Info Booth
- Nursing Mothers’ Room
- Food: The Mart provides a café, coffee and snack carts, and vending machines at the facility (all are cash only, but there is an ATM onsite.) You may bring a sack lunch and eat in the designated eating areas. There are also several fast food restaurants located within walking distance.
Full Conference pass
- Workshop sessions & schedule: You’ll receive a conference program when you check in that includes all of this information, but it’s handy to check it out beforehand too:
- View the entire 3-day workshop schedule here. (Tip: click a session title, speaker name, or session track for more details.)
- View our at-a-glance (printable) workshop schedule PDF here.
- View the detailed workshop descriptions, all in one place (and printable) here.
- Download workshop outlines here from speakers who provided them.
- General sessions: These are the highlight of the entire conference weekend – featuring special music, presentations from keynote speakers, and more. You won’t want to miss them!
- Double-Header Family Night: Bring the whole family (and friends! It’s free for everyone!) to enjoy an evening with special music, a dramatic presentation, and a Macbook giveaway! Learn more here.
- Youth Features: If your students are registered for the Constitutional Literacy Course or AME Youth Entrepreneur Program, you should receive an informational email by Monday, June 11th. (If not, email ) Find more information about all these programs here.
- Silent Auction: Shop this section, located in the back of the Plaza, for some pretty incredible packages of event tickets, gift baskets, gift certificates, and LOTS more. Bidding closes on Saturday starting at noon.
These shopping areas are open for those with Shopping passes and Full Conference passes.
- Exhibit Hall: Over 200 booths filled with curriculum, helpful products, books and more! Find a list of all exhibitors here. The Exhibit Hall is open:
- Thursday, June 14th • 3:30 pm – 8:30 pm (Grand Opening Party!)
- Friday, June 15th • 10 am – 6:30 pm
- Saturday, June 16 • 10 am – 3:15 pm
- Used Curriculum Sale: Find great deals and hidden treasures! Learn more here about the sale shopping hours and categories you’ll find. (Note that USC shopping hours are limited and differ from Exhibit Hall hours.)
- Youth Vendor Area: This area filled youth running their own small business. Shop this section and show your support. (Learn more here about the AME Youth Program.) Open hours include:
- Thursday, 4:30 – 7:30 pm
- Friday, 1 – 6:30 pm
- Vendor Demonstrations: Throughout the weekend, vendors will be sharing dedicated sessions to help you understand their curriculum and products. Check your conference program for a schedule and descriptions of each one.